Monday 15 September 2014

Zoobs Vegetable Snacks - A Review


When we were asked to review Zoobs I was slightly apprehensive that there might be very little to say.  I mean a crisp is a crisp right?  Well, that is not entirely the case.

Zoobs are not made from potatoes or corn, but from other vegetables.  In fact vegetables, including peas, beans, chick peas, onion, tomato and carrot, make up over 50% of the ingredients and this makes Zoobs a clever way of getting vegetables into veggie-phobic children.


Currently Zoobs are available in 2 flavours: Tangy Cheese and Pizza Margherita.  A 20g packet contains less than 80 calories, and contain 30% less fat and 20% less salt than normal corn puffs.  


We first tried them while on a day out to see the two Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Lancasters at the Headcorn Air Show.  A packet of Tangy Cheese were the first thing that came to hand as we ran out the door, running late as usual.  Sat in the car waiting to the planes, I opened the packet and offered C a puff, before trying one myself.  They looked like a thinner version of corn puffs and the texture was similar.  The taste is slightly sweeter, possibly due to the tomato and carrots.  C was certainly impressed and dived in for another one.  

From then on we were distracted by planes however when it was time to leave I picked up the packet to offer C another only to find it empty. Surprised, as I knew C hadn’t been anywhere near them, I looked up to see hubby licking his fingers.  “They’re quite nice, aren’t they” he smiled.  I guess you could say they were a hit in our household then!

The following day we tried the pizza flavour, which were equally as nice.  I found that half a packet (10g) works quite nicely for a toddler sized portion at teatime.


I am not sure any crisps can be considered healthy however the fact Zoobs contain over 50% vegetables means I would not hesitate to include them in my normal weekly shop to be included in a varied toddler diet.

Zoobs are currently available in over 160 Tesco stores around the UK.

Disclaimer: We were given two 6 packs of Zoobs for the purposes of this review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment