Sunday 27 October 2013

Preparing your pet for a new baby

I have been lucky enough to be invited to write a guest blog post for Wriggly Rascals in response to a post from reader Erica who has concerns about introducing her pet to her new baby when he/she arrives.

For many of us, our pets are part of our family.  Some would even go as far as to call them our surrogate children.  I have always loved animals but struggling to conceive increased my need to surround myself and when I did eventually fall pregnant I had amassed 4 cats, 2 guinea pigs, 1 rabbit and 10 chickens.  They gave me something to focus on and the cats especially were my babies.

Like Erica, when I did eventually fall pregnant, I did worry about the effect it would have on my animals.  In my case particularly my cats.  Not only would they not have my undivided attention going forward but their quiet kitty pad was about to be turned upside down!


About Wriggly Rascals

Wriggly Rascals was set up by Shona Motherwell, a frustrated mum of twins Mhairi and Archie to get mums together to share pregnancy, baby and toddler advice via quick surveys to get the facts about what other mums do. Our mums pass on loads of great tips to mums who have asked for help. If you would like some advice, get in touch at www.wrigglyrascals.com

No comments:

Post a Comment